Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mouse

Troggle seems to be surviving not having new toys. She caught, tortured for about two hours, and killed an adorable little mouse. Despite not being a vegetarian, I don't deal too well with animals in pain. I can't watch the stampede scene in Lion King, hate when Bambi's mom or dad or whoever it was dies. And couldn't handle hearing little squeaks outside my door this morning. But I distracted myself because I didn't have the willpower or emotional energy to deal with it and put the mouse out of its misery myself. I reminded myself that it's the whole balance of life. Predators and prey and all that. Natural selection. Now there's a mouse with its innards exposed laying in my hallway. ...just put him in a plastic bag til I know what to do next. My stomach has dropped... I feel sad and also confused at why this is affecting me. I think I'll bury him in the backyard, 'cause I'm not sure what else to do with a dead mouse. I don't want him stinking up my garbage can, plus my guess is he was a cool mouse, and a cool mouse deserves a funeral.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Ew. Burying is definitely the way to go - don't chuck it in the bin as it will stink! Maybe it's a Stitt thing - I found a mouse on a recent hike in Cornwall. He seemed to be stuck in some thorny bushes. I only noticed because he squeeked and twitched a bit when we were walking past. Thing is, when I reached in to pull him out, there was no resistance - probably killed himself by trying to get away from the big bad humans. Anyway, there wasn't any blood or guts, but it bothered me too.

Amber said...

what did you do with him?