Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All we are saying, is give peace a chance!

Okay, so I'm a bit early this time. My paper isn't due for another 37 1/2 hours (and counting), so technically this isn't proper procrastination. I just really, really wish there was peace in the world. I want all the nations on this planet to get along, all the ethnic groups within those nations to get along, and every other possible conflicting factions to just STOP IT and hug each other. If all that really would happen, then I wouldn't be sitting here trying to gather useful information on a paper discussing "Peacekeeping and Building in the United Nations." No, sir. The least the world could do for me is just this one favor. Really, have I asked of it that much before (the answer is no, to those of you who are wondering about past requests during other painful paper-writing episodes).

I guess the easier wish would be for Friday afternoon at 4pm to be here already. Then I will have completed my very last class for my bachelor's degree. I think that might be a pretty cool feeling.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Amber,
Interesting paper title: "Peace Keeping and Building in the United Nations." Was it meant to be an oxymoron? Could be the reason why it is so difficult to find information on that topic. You have motivated a blog in me that I won't reveal here. Look for it (eventually).
Dennis

Amber said...

haha... good point. never thought about the title that way. the paper turned out pretty crap, but it's DONE and that's all that matters. i get it back from my prof tuesday. i will await a blog.