Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Open Mic

I performed my first open mic ever last night. I was sooooooo nervous for the time leading up to my song. Once I started strumming, it didn't all melt away, but it felt more comfortable. It was so weird hearing my voice through a microphone. Much, much, MUCH different than when I just play in my room. Kind of sounded to me like I was flat the whole time, 'cause it was difficult to match up my voice (which sounded like it was 3 feet in front of me) with my guitar. But I just figured, I've played half the song flat already, might as well finish it flat and be consistent. But I guess it wasn't really flat. I'm rambling... but that kind of reflects my immediate mood after finishing playing. I had the jitters, couldn't stop smiling... it was good. I'm glad my friends encouraged my to do it, and that so many of them showed up to support me! Got some good feedback from other bar patrons, too. Overall, an excellent night. I don't know how to post videos on blogs, so if anyone knows, I'd love the input. For now, go to my friend Roger's youtube video that he took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAp4wit-4vU

1 comment:

Nathan Stitt said...

Very nice!

Just watched your performance with mom, dad, mandy, chad, and leah.

Love ya.
Nate